Monday 5 October 2009

The underground station is really a fantastic source of entertainment

Hullo, I'm bored and I've got nothing else to do so I'm gonna tell another tube story.
This didn't actually happen
in the tube, but on the stairs as we were getting out from the underground station.

There was a black man (and I'm not being racist), who was walkin
g behind me and my mum as we climbed up the stairs from the underground station. So there was some sort of rail that divides the stairs into two, and people going up or down should always keep right. However, a lady who was rather big (I'm trying to be subtle here... She was big) who was going down took the left side, where people are supposed to go up. She realized this quite late so she kept going down anyway. The man behind me was quite agitated I suppose so he tried to block the lady who was going down, and so she was kind of pinned between the man and me. I tried moving as near as possible to the wall to give her space but the man just sort pushed her and she said "Hey! I was just trying to..." she didn't even finish the sentence, as the man walked past her she hit his bag (I think she was aiming for the arm but missed), and the man swiftly continued to walk up the stairs and said "Keep left, it says you need to keep left. And keep your hands off me or I'm going to make you lose some weight!" (He must've meant right, it says to keep right)

Toodle-oo,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment